How would I remove a pagebreak and page number on a workbook perm.

  1. #1
    Frustrated
    Guest

    How would I remove a pagebreak and page number on a workbook perm.

    I would like to know how to remove the page number & the pagebreak displayed
    on my worksheet. Secondly, if someone could advice me on how to autosum a
    multiplication formula. I am using Office 2003.
    Thanking you

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How would I remove a pagebreak and page number on a workbook perm.

    It appears you are in Print Preview View, go to View>Normal

    Not sure I understand your second part, please elaborate

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mystify
    Guest

    Re: How would I remove a pagebreak and page number on a workbook p

    Dear Nick,
    Thank you so much for the help. Let me explain the second part of my problem
    I own a small clothing business I'm busy doing stock, coding, pricing,
    quantity and total amount but instead of excel automatically calculating for
    me I have to enter each formula which is rather time consuming and terriblly
    frustrating as I know there is a way of getting it done quicker. I will give
    you an example of what I am doing, =SUM(D10*B10) I am ready to pull all my
    hair out. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me solve this
    problem.
    Thanx

  4. #4
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How would I remove a pagebreak and page number on a workbook p

    You do not need the SUM function with a simple multiplication, presuming you
    are totalling qty*price (B2*D2) for each line to make a final total at the
    bottom, on each line type

    =B2*D2

    Press enter and then return to the cell you just entered. In the bottom
    right of the cell is a small square (the fill handle), drag that down as far
    as your data goes and Excel will adjust the formulae

    If you don't want a line total, but just a total for all the stock, go to
    the bottom and type

    =SUM(B2:B100)*(D2:D100)

    (presumes 100 is the last line) and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. (If you do this
    right Excel will wrap { } around the formula. This is known as an array
    formula and Excel is effectively multiplying each line with it's
    corresponding cell on the same line and then doing the sum
    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS