How do I advance to next line when typing in the formula bar?

  1. #1
    Penguin
    Guest

    How do I advance to next line when typing in the formula bar?

    When typing in the formula bar in Excel - I want to be able to advance to the
    next line (just as you would in Word). How do I do that? Pressng enter just
    takes me to the next cell....

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: How do I advance to next line when typing in the formula bar?

    Alt/Enter
    bob Umlas

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jimbola
    Guest

    RE: How do I advance to next line when typing in the formula bar?

    Hold down the Alt keep and press Return, this will take you to a next line.

    Or you can Format the cell to have Word Wrap, and then change the height of
    the cell so when the text reaches the end off the cell it moves down.