Help with Latitude and Longitude.

  1. #1
    LadiFireBug
    Guest

    Help with Latitude and Longitude.

    I have a list of cities w/ latitude and longitude that I have to find the
    distance between any two of the cities. The formula I was given is this.....
    69*(difference in latitudes)2 + (difference in longitudes)2
    VLOOKUP is used for the differences and needs True or False.
    Ofcourse I have just started excel so this is really aggrivating.

    --
    Ladi

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: Help with Latitude and Longitude.

    Considering that Earth is round I would have thought some trig enters into
    the calc.
    Check Chip Pearson's page for his method.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

    news:[email protected]...