Function question

  1. #1
    Dale Rosenthal
    Guest

    Function question

    I know I'm not going to ask this correctly. I have a column of numbers. I
    wish to have a count at the bottom of the column of the number of numbers
    that fall below a certain number. What function is this? Or, is there a
    website that would tell me how to do this?

    Second question: Same column of numbers. Is there a way to have those same
    numbers that fall below a given number become bold?

    Thanks so much.

    Dale

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Function question

    Use this to "hard code" the number (450) in the formula:

    =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<450")

    OR
    Place the number in a cell (B1), so that it can be easily revised, without
    the necessity of changing the formula itself:

    =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<"&B1)
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:BE1AEFC1.228C2%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Function question

    Hi Dale

    RG's given you an answer for the first ... so for your second question ...
    select the column of numbers
    choose format / conditional formatting
    choose
    cell value is
    choose
    less than
    in the white line type the number that you're testing on, e.g. 450
    and click on the Format button
    choose a formatting
    click OK twice
    and the cells that meet the condition should have the formatting you chose.

    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    JulieD