Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How do I eliminate the "A" designation in column "1" and substitu

  1. #1
    Sonny
    Guest

    How do I eliminate the "A" designation in column "1" and substitu

    I want to substitute my own designations at the top instead of A, B, etc I
    want my columns labeled "Last Name", "First Name", etc. How? My chart is all
    finished

  2. #2
    GORDON SCALES via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How do I eliminate the "A" designation in column "1" and substitu.

    Hi,

    You need to insert a line at the top of your list and type in the header
    names as you described. make sure there are no blank lines in your list.

    Select any cell in your list (preferably the column you want to sort by)
    then select Data, then sort. Make sure "my list has header row" is checked,
    then you should have your header row names in the sort by drop down lists.

    Good luck

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I eliminate the "A" designation in column "1" and substitu.

    Sonny

    You can't change these.

    You can however, enter your titles in Row 1 then freeze row 1 so's it remains
    in view.

    Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes.

    If you also want Column A frozen, select B2 instead of A2.

    Column and Row headers can be hidden by Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "row and
    column headers"

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:49:02 -0800, "Sonny" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I want to substitute my own designations at the top instead of A, B, etc I
    >want my columns labeled "Last Name", "First Name", etc. How? My chart is all
    >finished

Closed Thread