right click option "pick from a list"

  1. #1
    Landerson
    Guest

    right click option "pick from a list"

    i'm wanting to know can the information from the "pick from a drop down list"
    list be exported some how? I've been handed a load of spread sheets and been
    told to create a database with the information. not that good with either
    excel or access as you may guess. So i;m trying to build a table and a form
    in access and it would save me loads of time if i could or if anyone can
    point me in right direction of the best practice or just point out if i;m
    going about things the wrong way.. All help would be very much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: right click option "pick from a list"

    The items in the right-click "pick from list" are only those text(not
    numerics) items entered in contiguous cells in that column.

    The list is not stored anywhere but in that column and if changes are made to
    data in that column, a new list is formed to pick from.

    Sounds like a daunting job in view of the fact you're not that good with
    either Excel or Access.

    The general pratice is to Open Access and create a DB shell there, importing
    the data from Excel.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: right click option "pick from a list"

    You can use an Advanced Filter to export a unique list of items. There
    are instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List