Merging data in workbook

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Central UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Merging data in workbook

    I have a workbook containing 20 sheets. Each sheet is identical (used up to 80 rows, columns A to W) and is used to record peoples working hours each day of the week in different departments.
    Could someone please tell me how to consolidate all the data on the 20 sheets into a single sheet so that this will allow me to see how many hours were worked per day by each person.
    I don't know if these are complications - each sheet uses 80 rows but some of these will be blank rows; the same applies to the columns. In some cases people will have worked in different departments during the week so thier names will apppear more than once.

    I hope that this all makes sense and thank you for taking the time to read it

    Tony

  2. #2
    Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Merging data in workbook

    Hi,
    could you not use a Pivottable in the summary sheet, selecting Multiple
    Consolidation ranges?

    Worth a look....

    Hth,
    Oli

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Merging data in workbook

    Try this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Central UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    Many thanks for the advice.

    I'm still a novice so its taking a bit of working out - but I think I'm getting there with the help you've provided.

    Tony