Help with code

  1. #1
    Greg Brow
    Guest

    Help with code

    I am trying to setup a database and I want to have a macro that will list
    all workbooks in a directory and display this in a listbox or combobox. I
    have no idea at where to start.

    Thanks in advance

    Greg

  2. #2
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    Re: Help with code

    Simple question that looks like it would lead to an entire seminar.
    Suggestion. Run out right now and get a copy of John Walkenbach's 'Power
    Programming with VBA'. You can also get it at his website...
    http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm
    I've got his 'Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA' but there is a 2003
    edition out. While there are other more complete books out there, IMHO,
    John is the best at teaching how to use VBA.

    Your question can be broken into 3 parts.
    1) Get the directory (Page 369 of the 2002 edition)
    2) Get the file names (Page 769 of the 2002 edition)
    3) Put the names into a listbox or combobox (Page 423 of the 2002 edition)

    The reason I am giving you this type of help is that I believe you need to
    learn how to fish instead of having someone hand you a meal. Your question
    was very broad and open-ended. If you have more specific questions about
    the above 3 steps, we are always here for you.
    And now you have an idea as to where to start.
    Good luck.
    Sincerely,
    Gary brown

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg Brow
    Guest

    Re: Help with code

    Yeah thanks for the advice. will try to learn it.

    Greg