Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both monito.

  1. #1
    Judy
    Guest

    I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both monito.

    I have two monitors. In most applications I can have separate pages
    displayed on each monitor. Excell will not allow me to do that. Can anyone
    tell me how to fix this problem?
    --
    Judy

  2. #2
    Guest

    I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both monito.

    hi,
    have you tried window>new window
    This open a extra session of the existing file that is
    open. you can have different sheets display in each
    session and toggle between them or cascade them. or even
    use the same sheet which is much better and split screen.

  3. #3
    Judy
    Guest

    RE: I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both monito.

    Thanks for the suggestion. When I tried this I ended up haveing 2 copies of
    the same spreadsheet..

  4. #4
    Judy
    Guest

    RE: I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both monito.

    Thanks for the suggestion. When I tried this I ended up haveing 2 copies of
    the same spreadsheet.. What I want to do is for example have last years
    membership spreadsheet open on one monitor and have the current years memship
    list opne on the other so I can compare them and copy information from last
    years membership to the membership list to the current years membership.

  5. #5
    Judy

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both monito.

    The only way I have been able to do it is to open a second session of Excel
    and put it on my second monitor and then open another (read only) session of
    my same file I have open on Monitor 1........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Judy
    Guest

    Re: I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both mon

    Thank you so much for the suggestion.

    I really want to have 2 differant spreadsheet open at the same time so I can
    copy and paste information.

    I do not understand why I can co this with other applications and not Excell

    Jydy

  8. #8
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: I have dual monitors. I need to view spreadsheets on both mon

    I understood from your original post that you wanted two "pages".......I
    took that to mean "sheets", in Exceleze, two sheets of the same
    workbook...........of course with the method I suggested, you can open two
    different workbooks instead of just the same one twice.........

    Sorry I misunderstood..........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Judy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thank you so much for the suggestion.
    >
    > I really want to have 2 differant spreadsheet open at the same time so I

    can
    > copy and paste information.
    >
    > I do not understand why I can co this with other applications and not

    Excell

    > Jydy
    >
    > "CLR" wrote:
    >
    > > The only way I have been able to do it is to open a second session of

    Excel
    > > and put it on my second monitor and then open another (read only)

    session of
    > > my same file I have open on Monitor 1........
    > >
    > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > Chuck, CABGx3
    > >

    > > "Judy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I have two monitors. In most applications I can have separate pages
    > > > displayed on each monitor. Excell will not allow me to do that. Can

    > > anyone
    > > > tell me how to fix this problem?
    > > > --
    > > > Judy