How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet

  1. #1
    KH
    Guest

    How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet

    I have 2 sheets in the excel file.
    On the first sheet the first colum is a part num only.
    The second sheet has part num on the first column and descriptions on the
    second column.
    I need a macro or script that will scan the second sheet for part num that
    matches
    the first sheet part num and populate the description(at the second column)
    on the first excel sheet.

    --
    KH

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet

    One way ..

    Assuming the reference data is in Sheet2, cols A and B
    col A = part#, col B = description

    In Sheet1
    -----------
    With col A containing part# in A2 down,

    Put in B2:

    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0))

    Copy down

    Col B will return the descriptions corresponding
    to the part# in col A.

    Unmatched part#s will return blanks: ""

    Adapt to suit ..
    --