Row Height with merge - Question

  1. #1
    Dave B
    Guest

    Row Height with merge - Question

    When I have merge on in a single cell, clicking on the lower limit of the
    row will enlarge the row to show all text. However, when I also have a
    couple of cells merged, this does not work. In fact it collapses the entire
    text to a single line.

    Is there a way to show all text when both merge and wrap are in effect,
    other than by dragging the lower edge?
    Thx much

    Dave

  2. #2
    Dave B
    Guest

    Re: Row Height with merge - Question -CORRECTED QUESTION

    First sentence should have been "When I have word wrap on in a single cell,
    ........"
    Sorry about that

    Dave

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Row Height with merge - Question -CORRECTED QUESTION

    Dave

    Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells.

    You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written
    code for this.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

    Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

    The best cure is DON"T USE MERGED CELLS. They cause no end of problems with
    copying, pasting, sorting, filtering.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Dave B
    Guest

    Re: Row Height with merge - Question -CORRECTED QUESTION

    Thanks Gord,
    Guess we'll do what we have to do -
    Appreciate the help

    Dave

  5. #5
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Row Height with merge - Question -CORRECTED QUESTION

    Personally I'd say Dave's problem is that he merged cells at all, but that's
    just me <g>

    merged cells = spawn of devil

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

  6. #6
    Dave B
    Guest

    Re: Row Height with merge - Question -CORRECTED QUESTION

    Yeah, but what's life without an occasional merge??? :<)

    Dave

    news:%[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Row Height with merge - Question -CORRECTED QUESTION

    hmmmm - I could be reconsidering my position on this one <g>

    --
    Regards