Master Workbook used as my template?

  1. #1
    tb
    Guest

    Master Workbook used as my template?

    I have a workbook master I use as my master template for my jobs.

    I am wondering if it is possible to have them have a number sequence to
    follow and automatically number as the next job when saved as.

    For eg: I open my master and save it as ...., then I have to go into the
    worksheet in the work book and re number it as well.
    Say I save it as Job # 1000, then I have to enter it in a few worksheets in
    the workbook. But when I save the next one Job # 1001, is it possible to have
    that number automatically change for me inside the worksheets?

    I am new to excel and love the program and I am amazed the stuff you can do
    in it, so I am trying for the stars!!!

    Thanks tb

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Master Workbook used as my template?

    tb, see if this will help you,
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tb
    Guest

    Re: Master Workbook used as my template?

    Paul, Thanks for your info, I looked at it, these are macros correct? I am
    quite new to excel and we have not yet started using any macros at my place
    of work. So I am not formiliar with or would not know where to start with
    macros.

    Would this be my easier way to do what I am trying to do?
    Thanks
    tb

  4. #4
    tb
    Guest

    RE: Master Workbook used as my template?

    Sorry I forgot to add, we are working on Excel 2003.

  5. #5
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Master Workbook used as my template?

    tb, You may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros

    and here for some more ideas
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2CE155AA