Interrogating Data in Excel

  1. #1
    Daniel Dewes
    Guest

    Interrogating Data in Excel

    Hello,

    Not being an excel wizard I need some help on this one. I
    have a summary sheet of a number of differnt teams at
    work, then in four different worksheets I have the same
    teams and their goals and whether they have met them or
    not on a rolling weekly basis for 10wks.

    What I want to do in the summary sheet is say look at this
    teams performance in Worksheet 1 and if they have failed
    for the week put a F or colour red in the summary
    spreadsheet. Then look at the next teams performance and
    so on.

    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Interrogating Data in Excel

    Daniel,

    One option would be to use an IF statement to set up the condition. As an
    example, add the number 90 into cell A1 of Sheet1. Now, create another
    worksheet called "Summary". In cell A1 of the worksheet called Summary, add
    this formula:

    =IF(Sheet1!A1>100,"Pass","Fail")

    The message in cell A1 of the Summary sheet should say "Fail". If you
    change the number in cell A1 of Sheet1 to 110, the message in cell A1 of the
    Summary sheet should now say "Pass".

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield