backup

  1. #1
    Mark
    Guest

    backup

    when i save my budget report workbook, can i also save my
    backup copy held in a diffrrent drive.

    thanks

    mark

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: backup

    Mark, here is one way, from a post by Gord Didden

    You could create a macro that will save the file at the default location and
    copy to the folder of your choice.

    The macro could be run manually or in beforesave code in ThisWorkbook.

    Sub BUandSave2()
    'Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As
    Boolean)
    'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder
    'Note that any backup is overwritten
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:="E:\BackupĀ*\" & _
    ActiveWorkbook.Name
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End Sub

    if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting
    started with macros

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: backup

    Here is one I use to backup to the same folder in a sub folder. Modify to
    suit.

    Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button
    On Error GoTo BackupFile
    MkDir CurDir & "\Backup"
    BackupFile:
    With ActiveWorkbook
    MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name
    .SaveCopyAs MyWB
    .Save
    End With

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    mark
    Guest

    Re: backup

    Thanks
    for this it works great one thing through if i wanted to=20
    run this type of macro when i x out of excell what would=20
    the top line read.

    thanks

    mark

    default location and=20
    >copy to the folder of your choice.
    >
    >The macro could be run manually or in beforesave code in=20

    ThisWorkbook.

    >Sub BUandSave2()
    >'Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As=20

    Boolean, Cancel As=20
    >Boolean)
    >'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the=20

    default folder
    >'Note that any backup is overwritten
    > Application.DisplayAlerts =3D False
    > ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:=3D"E:\Backup=AD\" & _
    > ActiveWorkbook.Name
    > ActiveWorkbook.Save
    > Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True
    >End Sub
    >

    >if you are new to macros you may also what to have a=20

    look here on getting=20
    >started with macros
    >
    >http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
    >

    >--=20
    >Paul B
    >Always backup your data before trying something new
    >Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can=20

    benefit from it
    >Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
    >Using Excel 2002 & 2003
    >

    >Gord Dibben Excel MVP
    >

    >"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in=20

    message=20