spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

  1. #1
    dmcquil
    Guest

    spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    How would I find or make a spreadsheet for splitting an electric utility bill
    among three tenants? The knowns are the total kwh used, the total bill and
    the number of KWH used by two of the three tenants.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    Why would you need a spreadsheet for that, paper and a pen would do or a
    calculator
    Sounds like homework to me

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    Hi!

    Subtract from the total kwh, the known kwh used by the 2
    tennants. The result you get will be the kwh used by the
    third tennant.

    Divide the total kwh by the kwh for each tennant. This
    will return each tennants percentage of kwh used.

    Multiply each tennants percentage used by the total bill
    amount.

    Biff

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    LOL - methinks you are not wrong <g>

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    D1= Total cost
    E1= Total KWH
    E2=KWH used by two tenants

    =D1-(D1*(E2/E1))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  6. #6
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    Hi, ignore that. Set up a spreadsheet with the following headings in col A,
    as indicated: A2: Bill,
    A3 Tenant A,
    A4 Tenant B,
    A5 Tenant C.

    In B1, type in "Jan". Move your cursor to the bottom right hand corner,
    where it changes to a +, click, hold and drag across to Col M. That will
    give you the months of the year.

    In B5, enter the following formula : =B2-(B3+B4). Now drag this across to
    col M as well.

    You are set up and ready to go. Enter the bill amount in Row 2, below the
    relevant month, the known costs in row 3 and 4, and see the other tenant's
    cost in Row 5.

    Save, and build up a record for the year.

  7. #7
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    > Hi, ignore that.

    And why exactly??

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    biff
    Guest

    RE: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    >Hi, ignore that.

    Ignore what?

    Biff

  9. #9
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

    Biff
    Flip your quotient over. The way you have it results in each person
    having more than 100% of the total. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...