How do I sort Worksheets by name?

  1. #1
    M Skabialka
    Guest

    How do I sort Worksheets by name?

    We have lots of workbooks with multiple (over 100) spreadsheets. Is there a
    quick way to sort them alphabetically by sheet name?
    I tried to right click on one of the sheets, and there was no option to
    sort.
    I went through all the menus, with and without all sheets selected but can't
    seem to find anything.

    This seems like something that should be able to be done with a couple of
    mouseclicks. Can it be done?

    Excel 2000 and 2003

    Thanks,
    Mich

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How do I sort Worksheets by name?

    Hi

    This is one of many functions offered by asap utilities' free add-in. You
    can find more info at http://www.asap-utilities.com/

    --
    Andy.

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: How do I sort Worksheets by name?

    Only through VBA (macro)

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How do I sort Worksheets by name?

    M,

    To sort worksheets alphabetically, you must use a macro.
    I have written an Excel add-in (Excel Extras) that does that.
    (it provides a sort option on the sheet tab right-click menu)

    Other features are also included...
    Creating a Table of Contents for the workbook
    Inserting workbook information into the header and footers
    Changing text to upper, lower, proper and Sentence case
    More minor stuff.

    It includes a Word.doc install/use file.

    It is available -free- upon direct request.
    Remove xxx from my email address.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX