Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

    Marc

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

    Marc

    Yes, highlight the characters you want in the formula bar (or press F2, (or
    double click the cell) and edit in-cell), change their font size and enter

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:IE%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

    BTW this only applies to all text. you can't do it in a formula without vba

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Marc
    Guest

    Re: Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

    Is this in all version of Excel? I can't get it to work in97.

    Marc

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

    Goes all the way back to at least 5.0 as far as I recall.

    Step by step:
    Cell should be text, numbers don't work (text numbers OK).

    In the formula bar, select the characters in the cell you wish to format.
    Right click and choose "Format Cells".
    Click on "Color", click on "Red", click <OK>.

    I get red characters, what do you get?

    RD

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can you mix font sizes in a cell?

    Marc

    Excel 97 has this capability.

    You must enter edit mode then select the characters to change then
    Format>Cells>Font and pick your font.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP