[SOLVED] filtering

  1. #1
    Rodney
    Guest

    [SOLVED] filtering

    Using Autofiltering to get a "custom view"

    The custom view does not seem to work on any
    new records that I add to the database.
    Is there a way around this?

    Is there a way to look at the combined criteria
    for the "custom view" rather than looking at the different coloured
    auto filter buttons? eg if I cannot recall the specification for each
    "custom view"

    I am currently practising on "advanced filtering".

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: filtering

    If you insert the the new rows within the existing table, they'll be
    included in the filter. Otherwise, the new rows will be excluded when
    you apply the custom view.

    AFAIK, there's no way to display the worksheet settings stored in a
    custom view.

    There's information on Advanced Filtering in Excel's help, and here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    And sample files here, under 'Filters':

    You might want to experiment with recording some macros, to use with
    your filters.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Rodney
    Guest

    Re: filtering

    Once again, Debra,
    "I dips me lid" in appreciation of your assistance.

    I have another query, but I'll read your kindly offered links
    first, I have began to master "advanced filtering"
    and having a right old time, it's magic stuff.

    I just cannot seem to get operators to work, under
    "advanced filtering"
    eg one column to filter a value between >=1.4 and <3.0
    It just refuses to offer suitable filter, I've tried every matrix
    under the criteria range box.

  4. #4
    Rodney
    Guest

    Re: filtering

    Oh Wow!
    these are exactly what I was after.

    Thank you very much indeed.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: filtering

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know it was what you needed.