  1. #1
    su1

    I put a number into a cell click on the next cell and the first cell reverts
    to 0. If I format to number with 2 decimal places it will be ok but when I
    try to take out decimal places it goes back to zero,
    Help please

  2. #2
    Neil
    Guest

    RE: cell contents revert to 0 when i click on the next cell

    You haven't said what number you are trying to put into the cell, but I
    suspect that the number is less than 0.5.
    A quick test shows that if you set the cell to no decimal places then enter
    a number less than 0.5 it is displayed 'rounded down' so it will show as
    zero, if it's 0.5 or above it displays as 1.
    If you need to put numbers less than 0.5 into youe cell you will have to
    have at least 1 decimal place.

    HTH

    Neil
    www.nwarwick.co.uk

  3. #3
    su1
    Guest

    RE: cell contents revert to 0 when i click on the next cell

    Thanks Neil for replying I was trying to put whole numbers in but have now
    sorted it out. I went into properties and there was a tick box which said
    always have 2 decimal places or something like that. Obviously when i tried
    to put in a 1 or 2 without decimal places it reverted to 0. I don't know how
    it came to be ticked because i have used this SATS spreadsheet before with no
    trouble. thanks aagain for your reply.