I'm just getting started an I have some questions on tables.

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    I'm just getting started an I have some questions on tables.

    I deal with both companies and end users and I'm trying to figure out how to
    set up the contact table. My plan was to set one table for companies and
    have contact entries as a sub form and another form for contacts with
    individuals but both the company contact sub form and the individual form
    would link to the same table? My reasoning is that I may have many contacts
    to one company but have individuals that contacts normally at most would be
    "domestic partners"and their family members and I want to track contacts
    whether it's email, phone calls, letters and more. The first question on my
    form would be which kind of contact would I be working with and bring up the
    correct form. I know that this will be the first of many questions.

    Marc

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: I'm just getting started an I have some questions on tables.

    Hi Marc

    This sounds to me like "one-to-many-relations". Excel doesn't do that very
    well. A database program will do this far better. If I understand this
    right, that is. Excel is a spreadsheet.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Marc" <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marc
    Guest

    Re: I'm just getting started an I have some questions on tables.

    My bad I thought I was posting to the Access group!

    Marc

    news:%[email protected]...