limking workbooks

  1. #1
    KJH
    Guest

    limking workbooks

    I have 4 workbooks in seperate folders that I need to combine into one
    monthly summary. The workbooks are different but each contain a columns
    named, B/L,Amount,Billed. These are the 3 columns I want merged into one
    spreadsheet. What would be the best way to do this?

    Thanks
    KJH

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: limking workbooks

    copy the column(s)(or cells) that you want to summarize and paste
    special>paste links to the destination column(s) in your summary
    worksheet.each time there is a change in your workbooks the summary sheet
    updates too.Once you have the cells on your sheets you can organise them how
    you like,ie you can have all the columns visibleor you can summ them all
    together to show one total .
    hope this helps
    paul