Drop down menu-colour of the text

  1. #1
    MGC
    Guest

    Drop down menu-colour of the text

    I have created a drop down menu with 3 options
    Contact
    Enquiry
    Order
    I want the colour of the text in the row next to the drop down menu to
    change for each option when it is selected in the menu. Help!

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    re: Drop down menu-colour of the text

    set your conditional format to the formula option.your first format when the
    cell link for your drop down box= 1 is one colour,2=second colour,3=third
    colour
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    re: Drop down menu-colour of the text

    Select the cells that you want to change colour
    Choose Format>Conditional Formatting
    From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
    In the formula box, type a formula that refers to the cell
    with the dropdown, e.g.:

    =$A2="Contact"

    Click the Format button, and choose a colour on the Patterns tab
    Click OK
    Click Add, and for Condition 2, create a formula for "Enquiry",
    and select a colour for that work
    Create Condition 3 for "Order"
    Click OK

    There's an example here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

    MGC wrote:
    > I have created a drop down menu with 3 options
    > Contact
    > Enquiry
    > Order
    > I want the colour of the text in the row next to the drop down menu to
    > change for each option when it is selected in the menu. Help!

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html