how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

  1. #1
    A.D
    Guest

    how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

    Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

    Put in C1: =B1-A1

    where
    A1 contains the start date, say: 01-May-2005
    B1contains the end date, say: 10-May-2005

    For the sample dates in A1 and B1, C1 will return: 9
    ---
    Pl post your question within the message area in future.
    The "Subject" line is meant only for some key words/descripts, not to house
    your *entire* post
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    "A.D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

    Format the answer as General.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

    "Bob Umlas" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Format the answer as General.

    Thanks for the add-on, Bob !

    I must have done up the formula in C1 first,
    followed by the test date inputs in A1 and B1
    --
    Rgds
    Max