Where do I start:create a PC order

  1. #1
    Curt
    Guest

    Where do I start:create a PC order

    I have to create a PC order form for customers to order new PC equipment. I
    have only done simple excel spreadsheets. What I am looking to do is once a
    customer chooses say a Latitude D810; all the options for that particular
    laptop will appear. Any help will be appreciated.
    --
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    re: Where do I start:create a PC order

    I have thought of doing something similar. Even on a limited range of
    hardware there are a number of possibilities and permutations. Added to
    that is the fact that product ranges and prices are continually changing
    giving yet further possibilities and permutations. I came to the conclusion
    that it was not worth continually updating the database. Instead I opted for
    a basic comprehensive check list of components (by type). This needs to be
    updated only when, for instance DVD drives began to be required. The list
    ensures that all possible components are considered when working up a
    costing. (It is better to decide that something is not wanted than to
    overlook it and find out later). Individual quotes are made with reference
    to this list and the detail (40Gb HDD, 80Gb HDD etc) and price added as
    required. If you are in the UK don't forget to include VAT in the final
    price!

    This approach may not be useful, however, if you have a large volume of a
    small range of products but you'll have to take a view on that!

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...