Adding summaries, rows and pre-population

  1. #1
    JFH
    Guest

    Adding summaries, rows and pre-population

    I have a worksheet where the user can click a button marked 'Create
    Activity'. This spawns an Activity worksheet with the naming convention
    'Activity (n)'. The user can click this as many times as they like, but must
    click it at least once.

    Problem #1:
    For each Activity sheet that they have created I would like to be able to
    copy a specific range e.g. A15:J28 on a 'Summary' worksheet and paste it at
    A30 on the 'Summary' worksheet and so on. So the 'Summary' worksheet just
    gets longer and longer if the user has created more activities.

    Problem # 2:
    The user can also Insert Audience rows on each 'Activity' worksheet by
    clicking the 'Insert Audience' button on this sheet. This adds an Audience
    row in at a particular row (row 9). This operation should also add a
    corresponding row within the corresponding range on the 'Summary' worksheet.
    For example if the user adds 3 audiences to 'Activity (2)' and 6 audiences to
    'Activity (4) (on the relevant 'Activity' sheets) then the relevant row in
    the range on the 'Summary' sheet also needs to add these in (in this case
    adding 3 rows to the second instance of the range and 6 rows to the fourth
    instance of the range).

    Problem # 3:
    I then need to Pre-populate (maybe by clicking a button) various values from
    each of the 'Activity' sheets on to the relevant cell within the range on the
    'Summary' sheet. These cannot be a direct '=' to the relevant ' Activity'
    cell, as users may want to add extra information to the cell on the 'Summary'
    sheet, so it needs to be the equivalent of a 'Paste Special: Values'
    operation.

    An help would be very gtaefullt received.
    Thank you very much. iin advance.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Adding summaries, rows and pre-population

    One way

    Delete the 'Summary' sheet first and run this macro
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl