find number

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    find number

    Hi,
    In a cell appears a #. How can I find this # & move it to a separate cell.
    I have excel 97 & XP
    Thanks, Dave

  2. #2
    Naz
    Guest

    RE: find number

    Not quite sure what you mean, but you can find any # on a sheet by using Edit
    > Find.

    If is a string of ###### you see then that means the column is not wide
    enough to display the contents of the cell. Increase the width by selecting
    the column, right click column width and increase it.
    --

    Naz,