how do i print a list of files in a folder in excel?

  1. #1
    mikie
    Guest

    how do i print a list of files in a folder in excel?

    I would like to print a list of my files that are in my folders

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a list of files in a folder in excel?

    mikie,

    Depending on what it is you want...

    You can copy a picture of the files displayed in Windows Explorer by using
    the keyboard: Alt + Prt Scrn - and then paste the picture into Word, Excel
    or WordPad and print from there.

    There even is an old DOS command that provides some sort
    of printable list.

    There are also several third party utilities that do what you request,
    but that make no use of Excel.

    If you want to list the files from a particular folder on an Excel
    spreadsheet, then it will require some VBA code (macro).
    ---
    My "List Files" Excel add-in will list files on a spreadsheet for you.
    It comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file and is
    free upon direct request. Remove XXX from my email address.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    "mikie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    I would like to print a list of my files that are in my folders

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a list of files in a folder in excel?

    Directory List
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ist/index.html

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  4. #4
    Don MI
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a list of files in a folder in excel?

    "mikie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I would like to print a list of my files that are in my folders

    Free Directory Printer here:

    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

    Or, if you are using Windows XP, here is a modification:

    How to add the Print Directory feature for folders in Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321379

    Don

  5. #5
    Rodney
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a list of files in a folder in excel?

    Yes, I use "Karens Directory printer" regularly
    and find it a whizz.