Link to last entry

  1. #1
    dthomas
    Guest

    Link to last entry

    Well thanks for this, it has opened up the whole new concept of array
    formulas for me. As a novice, however, I seem to be doing something
    wrong.
    I have carried out the follwing steps;

    Entered a number of values in column A
    Entered the formula in Cell B1 and pressed CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER
    I then get message saying that the formula contains an error
    The part of the formula A65535"" is highlighted (I found it would
    accept the formula without these two quotation marks - but of course it
    does not return the right value)

    Is it possible to tell from this what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    dthomas

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Link to last entry

    Believe the site/place where you're posting to or reading posts from
    unfortunately removes all the "greater than", "less than" or "not equal to"
    symbols from posts, including from within formulas, that's the trouble ..

    .... MAX((A1:A65535"") ...

    There's a missing "not equal to" sign between the
    A65535 and the double quotes "" in the above part

    Just insert the missing piece in the formula, and it'll work fine ..

    You could also try also viewing, and copy and paste JE's formula
    direct from this google link: http://tinyurl.com/8gysf
    --
    Rgds
    Max