Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Calculate Bar.

  1. #1
    Rodney
    Guest

    Calculate Bar.

    My lower "Calculate Bar" has suddenly began
    to give me only a "count" of occupied cells.
    eg: Count is the same as Count Numbers
    I'd like it to count vacant cells as well.

    What might I have done? and how do I get
    back to my previous Status?

    Thank you.
    Rod

  2. #2
    JohnS
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Bar.

    Hi Rodney,
    Apparently it works when there is text or a formula that returns "". Count
    and Count Num return the same when the cell is empty.
    Hope this helps.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rodney
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Bar.

    Thanks John,
    that is perplexing, as I am used to it defaulting
    to count blank cells, I assumed that to be the normal satus.
    In MSWorks I use =""&"" to fill blank cells
    for printing vacant cell borders, so I'll try it in Excel.
    Cheers

    "JohnS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Hi Rodney,
    | Apparently it works when there is text or a formula that returns "". Count
    | and Count Num return the same when the cell is empty.
    | Hope this helps.
    | "Rodney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > My lower "Calculate Bar" has suddenly began
    | > to give me only a "count" of occupied cells.
    | > eg: Count is the same as Count Numbers
    | > I'd like it to count vacant cells as well.
    | >
    | > What might I have done? and how do I get
    | > back to my previous Status?
    | >
    | > Thank you.
    | > Rod

Closed Thread