About Macros

  1. #1

    About Macros

    Hi .. All..

    i am a S/W Test Engineer. Actually I have a new job on macros(my boss gave me).
    I don't know all the functions of macros. I just know that these are used for Short cut keys (just like automation)...

    I would like to know

    1. What are the additional functions of Macros?

    2. How these macros are used in Other Addin like VB Applications.... ?

    3. If I have a Excel Template Then How can I use These templates in Macros Programming?

    4. How to write code (For macros) to access the data from VB Application and produce reports in form of charts ,and reports.

    Any help/suggestions/articles would be appreciate.

    Thanx in Advance.

    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    You might find some answers on this site:

    Mangesh

  3. #3
    Thanq Mangesh jee..

    U helped me a lot in both forums .... I am really apprecited you...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks for the feedback.

    Mangesh

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: About Macros

    A "Macro" is an abbreviation for a set of commands, so instead of typing a
    complicated sequence of commands you can simply type the Macro's name. You
    can either think of Macros as new commands in their own right or as
    subroutines.

    Virtually anything that can be done by hand in Excel, can be written into a
    "Macro" so one can only invoke the Macro when they want that particular list
    of commands instead of having to type each one each time.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3
    news:[email protected]...