Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

  1. #1
    mrdelia
    Guest

    Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

    How can I set up a workbook to automatically update the data it retrieves
    from other sources every 60 seconds. I can update manually by pressing F9 but
    I would like it to be automatic.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

    Have a look in vba help index for
    ontime

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    mrdelia
    Guest

    Re: Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

    Thank you,

    I have tried OnTime with no success. It seems to update once and then stop.
    How can I get it to return to the OnTime statement. I tried GoTo but locked
    the spreadsheet up.

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

    Here is one I wrote for a client that may be of use

    Option Private Module
    Public RunWhen As Double
    Public Const cRunIntervalSeconds = 600 '600 seconds=10 minutes
    Public Const cRunWhat = "updateTA" '"The_Sub"
    Sub StartTimer()
    RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
    Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, procedure:=cRunWhat, _
    schedule:=True
    End Sub
    Sub StopTimer()
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, _
    procedure:=cRunWhat, schedule:=False

  5. #5

    Re: Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

    You can read more about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

  6. #6
    mrdelia
    Guest

    RE: Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

    Thanks to all the info helped solve my problem.
    Darin