If cell is blank, then cell is red

  1. #1
    denisesnews
    Guest

    If cell is blank, then cell is red

    I am an Excel 2002 User. I am trying to create a sheet that has the cell I9
    blank. I want the cell to be red for a user to see it and once they fill it
    text in that cell, the cell will turn white with the black text. something
    like = (IF(ISBLANK(I9)),then cell red, the rest I don't know. Please help
    asap... Thanks!!!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: If cell is blank, then cell is red

    Hi! You need conditional formatting on cell I9.

    Your formula:

    =isblank(I9)

    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ScottO
    Guest

    Re: If cell is blank, then cell is red

    Try using Conditional Formatting - it's in the Format Menu.
    Select Cell I9.
    Go Format/Conditional Formatting
    Where it says "Cell Value Is", click the drop down and select "Formula Is".
    In the next box type =ISBLANK($I$9)
    Then click the Format.. button, select the Patterns tab, and click red.
    That should do it.
    Rgds,
    ScottO