3 highest values

  1. #1
    Bridge
    Guest

    3 highest values

    hello everyone, i've been trying to figure out what formula i can use to
    find 3 highest values in a row. in my case am trying to compile student
    marks to get only the best 3 into a cell, i was able to get the highest
    only 1 but i need all the three values. see the attached image

    thanks alot
    Bridge

    |Filename: excel.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1833|

    BridgePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: 3 highest values

    =LARGE(A2:Z2,1)
    =LARGE(A2:Z2,2)
    =LARGE(A2:Z2,3)

    if you want to sum them, use

    =SUM(LARGE(A1:Z1,{1,2,3}))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bridge
    Guest

    Re: 3 highest values

    thanks alot Bob Phillips it worked perfect

    --
    BridgePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access