i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

  1. #1
    AMC Photo
    Guest

    i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

    i want something that i can add my cost and what i sell items for and then
    get my profit on that item. help!!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

    But this is no big deal at all. In column A put the item name. In column B,
    put the cost. In column C, put the markup, in column D, put =C2*B2 (assuming
    you put your first product in A2 and its cost in B2 and its markup in C2.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jfk

    http://www.exinfm.com/free_spreadsheets.html

  4. #4
    goseespam@lot
    Guest

    Re: i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

    But, Anne,

    If you have a large list of these materials and costs, how do you put
    in the formula - quickly - for each calculation? If I understand you,
    you have to manually change the formula for each row and enter it into
    Col D. For example: C2*B2, then C3*B3, then C4*B4, etc, etc.

    Regards,

    Arthur

    ************************************

  5. #5
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

    <goseespam@lot> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > But, Anne,
    >
    > If you have a large list of these materials and costs, how do you put
    > in the formula - quickly - for each calculation? If I understand you,
    > you have to manually change the formula for each row and enter it into
    > Col D. For example: C2*B2, then C3*B3, then C4*B4, etc, etc.

    Just enter the formula in the first row then either drag or fill down. The
    formula will change automatically to reflect the row it is on.

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

    Arthur

    Enter =C1*B2 in D2

    Hover the mouse pointer over the bottom-right corner of D2.

    You will see a black lump and a black cross.

    Hit left mouse button and drag/copy down as far as you wish. The formula will
    increment as it moves down column D.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  7. #7
    goseespam@lot
    Guest

    Re: i need template for my cost/profit on materials i sell

    Thank you to both Gordons.

    As is painfully obvious, I'm only familiar with flat lists containing
    info without formulas. This is an eye-opener for me.

    Regards,

    Arthur