linking

  1. #1
    SLLD
    Guest

    linking

    I have a spreadsheet with numbers in left column
    Words in right one
    when I put a number in the 1st colum of a linked sheet , I want the words to
    be transfered to the right one
    TIA
    Jim

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: linking

    Jim, you may want to try something like this:
    http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: linking

    You can use a VLookup formula to return the words that match the number
    you've entered. There's information on VLookup in Excel's Help, and
    instructions and examples here:

    and another sample with instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List