Disabling Drag And Drop Referencing

  1. #1
    camerons
    Guest

    Disabling Drag And Drop Referencing

    I have a list of products to be made. On the next column I have a Lookup
    function that brings up descriptions and info based on that list. I usually
    need that base list to be reorganized. Unfortunately, I can't just drag
    them into the order I need b/c the lookup function tracks where the cell
    went and now the descriptions do not match next to their product. Is there
    a way to disable this, or is copy.paste.erase old. the only way to go?

    Chris Cameron
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Disabling Drag And Drop Referencing

    Without a better description of what you have including formulas
    and where table is if not readily apparent from your formulas it
    would be difficult to know what the problem is.

    You can move an entire row(s) between two other rows by
    selecting the contiguous rows to be moved, and then
    holding the shift key while dragging the upper or lower border
    of the selection of cells to be moved.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse
    ---
    HTH,