Wherre best to place code

  1. #1

    Wherre best to place code

    I have an excel workbook that uses active -x controls. It allows the user to model the performance of a micro-scale wind turbine (small device that fits onto a rooftop). I have VBA code that is located for each worksheet, some that is contained in Forms and other code that is located in modules.

    My question is: in terms of keeping the workbook small and running quickly is it Ok to have code for each worksheet or place it in modules?

    thanks, luke

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Wherre best to place code

    It is best to think of it from a perspective of the workbook design as to
    where you should put it. Some code has to go in the worksheet or userform,
    event procedures associated with those objects, but where you put any code
    that might be called from those procedures is a design issue. It probably
    will not make much difference in terms of size and efficiency.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Smile

    cheers, it was the size and efficiency I was concerned about. What code i have appears quite neat and easy to understand.

    Luke