moving cells based certain value

  1. #1
    Rose Davis
    Guest

    moving cells based certain value

    Last part of my problem. How do I get 3 cells to replace 3 cells based on
    if I1=yes or no. I have information in cells c1,d1,e1 and I need to replace
    these with the information in cells f1, g1, h1. Basically just clearing
    those 3 cells and replacing with f,g,h. I am unable to delete and move left
    or use an if statement because all of the other info from 14000 rows would
    be affected as well. As you can see rows 2,3 and 4 need to stay intact. I
    can enter a new column before C and include a formula, but am having such a
    hard time figuring out what I need.

    Columns A B C D E
    F G H I
    Row 1 45 description blank stewart project
    replace stewart project yes
    2 school bus
    project
    3 bill of
    materials
    4 do not
    move

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: moving cells based certain value

    c1: =IF(i1="yes",f1,c1)...but can't have a circular reference so either new
    columns or a new worksheet.

    If you created a second worksheet that referenced the 14000 row
    sheet..loaded the new sheet with =IF(i1="yes",....click on the first
    worksheet then click on the f1 cell....hit comma.....click on c1 cell....hit
    parathesis....hit return key.
    Finish the formulas along that row....highlight the cells with formulas and
    keep highlighting down 14000 rows then hit ctrl-d (copy down).
    The second worksheet would look like your final product.