Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Recent Files used - Excel 2000

  1. #1
    Doug Mc
    Guest

    Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    I've got my "Recent" settings set at nine but only FOUR will ever show up.
    Does anybody know why?

    Also, when I do a Search and open and update an Excell file, it doesn't show
    up in the "Recent" list.
    Does anybody know the reason for this?

    Thanks,
    Doug

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    How are you opening them - via shortcuts in Explorer, or using File / Open.
    I 'think' that earlier versions of Excel only added to the MRU when using
    file / Open - Not 100% sure though, and am sat on a laptop at the moment so
    don't have all the versions installed that I do on my desktop to be able to
    check.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Doug Mc
    Guest

    Re: Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    Thanks Ken,
    I open them both ways: Explorer and File/Open.
    It just seems that it won't budge off the FOUR counter

    Do you know of a site at Microsoft where I might find the answer??

    news:e5jiYB%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    To be honest, unless you want to pay for a support incident then you are
    pretty much where you would normally need to be.

    What happens if you change it to 3 or 2 for example, check that it has taken
    effect, and then try a number above 4?

    Regards
    Ken...................

    news:OnjNx7%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Doug Mc
    Guest

    Re: Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    Thanks Ken,
    I'll try that. I'll be gone today but I'll give it a try later and get back
    to you.
    Doug

  6. #6
    Doug Mc
    Guest

    Re: Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    Hi Ken,
    You had a good idea! That seemed to "knock it loose."

    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Doug

  7. #7
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Recent Files used - Excel 2000

    You're welcome - Got to be better than paying for it :-)

    Regards

Closed Thread