[SOLVED] Static Row

  1. #1
    DY
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Static Row

    I have a spreadsheet that shows sales for the month. Sometimes, there are so
    many rows that you have to scroll down to see them. I would like to be able
    to display a static row at the bottom of the screen that shows total sales
    dollars. I would like for that row to always be seen, even if there are
    other rows of orders below it. In other words, I would like to be able to
    always see the top row and bottom row on my screen and be able to scroll all
    of the rows in between. Is this possible? I appreciate the help.

  2. #2
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Static Row

    "DY" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have a spreadsheet that shows sales for the month. Sometimes,
    > there are so many rows that you have to scroll down to see them. I
    > would like to be able to display a static row at the bottom of the
    > screen that shows total sales dollars. I would like for that row to
    > always be seen, even if there are other rows of orders below it. In
    > other words, I would like to be able to always see the top row and
    > bottom row on my screen and be able to scroll all of the rows in
    > between. Is this possible? I appreciate the help.

    Would it be easier to have the total row at the /top/?

  3. #3
    DY
    Guest

    Re: Static Row

    I would rather have it at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to do it?

  4. #4

    Re: Static Row

    You could open another window:
    window|new window
    then
    window|arrange|horizontal

    But that's kind of ugly.

    (I like using row 1, too <bg>.)

  5. #5
    Ulysses
    Guest

    Re: Static Row

    I would use a combination of "split" and "freeze panes". Go to the second
    row and highlight it. then choose "Window.. Freeze panes". That will keep
    everything above the highlighted row in view. Then choose "Window.. Split".
    That will create a sort of 4-box grid. Go into the bottom left quad and
    scroll down to the bottom row you want to see. Then drag those horizontal
    and vertical break lines you just created in whatever way that maximizes the
    amount of data seen above that bottom row.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Static Row

    Freeze panes and Split can't be used together.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List