How do I auto size cells?

  1. #1
    Aaron Mosby
    Guest

    How do I auto size cells?

    I want Excel to resize cells, based on the content I put in them,
    automatically.

  2. #2
    Crazyhorse
    Guest

    RE: How do I auto size cells?

    Try AutoFit which you can find under Format > Row > AutoFit

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto size cells?

    Either -
    Click on the letter at the head of the column (to highlight the column)
    Click on <Format><Column><Auto fit selection>

    Or-
    Click on the number to the left of the row (to highlight the row)
    Click on <Format><Row><Auto fit selection>

    As appropriate.

    If this makes a column disproportionately large you could wrap the text in
    selected cells. To do this -
    Click on <Format><Cells><Alignment><Text><OK>

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto size cells?

    Aaron

    Look at Format>Row>Autofit and Format>Column>Autofit Selection.

    If you have problems with the fitting perhaps you have another problem which
    you haven't clearly stated.

    Like....are any cells "merged"?..........how much text are you trying to enter
    in a cell?...........are you set for "wrap text"?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP