Help

  1. #1
    Niagera College Student
    Guest

    Help

    I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n
    ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser.

    The statment : =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)")

    The Answer sum(G9*C3)

    The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the sum.

    Help me PLZ

  2. #2
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Help

    How about:

    =IF(G9>B3,G9*C3,G9)

    the use of the SUM function is wastefull (as there is nothing to sum), as it
    is the multiplication by 1.

    Regards,
    KL

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Help

    Leave out the quotes and the superfluous SUM()s and "+" signs:

    =IF(G9>B3, G9*C3, G9)

    That can then be further simplified to

    =G9 * IF(G9>B3, C3, 1)

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Niagera College Student
    Guest

    Re: Help

    Thank you for you help in the end I was able to make it simple

    IF(G9>$B$3,H9*$C$3,H9*0)

  5. #5
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Help

    Since anything multiplie by zero is zero, you could make it just a bit
    simpler:

    =IF(G9>$B$3,H9*$C$3,0)

    Just for kicks, you could also do it this way, since XL interprets a
    TRUE value as 1 and FALSE as zero in a math formula:

    =H9*$C$3*(G9>$B$3)

    In article <[email protected]>,