How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

  1. #1
    gourmet
    Guest

    How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

  2. #2
    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    Start by knowing who despises whom - then put them on opposite sides of the
    room.

    And why would you want to do a seating chart in Excel?

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    "gourmet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    Perhaps: A list of table and seat numbers down the first and second columns,
    with names in the third.

    OR: Paper and pencil?
    OR: A lot of trial and error?
    OR: Pull names out of hat?
    OR: Find the people who hate each other the most and put them next to one
    another? (This one makes for especially good entertainment if you put old
    girlfriends next to current wives.....)

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    JoAnn,

    Are you trying to go for a double MVP-ship? ;-)

    > Start by knowing who despises whom - then put them on opposite sides of
    > the room.

    Boring!!

    > And why would you want to do a seating chart in Excel?

    When all you have is Excel, everything looks like a spreadsheet problem....

    Bernie

  5. #5
    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    No doubles here - just hanging out.

    You've never met my mother-in-law. We "kind of" eloped but I would have
    hated to do a seating chart if we hadn't. I'd be wearing Kevlar under my
    undies!

    I guess I can understand that. I could do that seating chart in Publisher
    easily enough but Visio would probably be the easiest. No, wait - pencil and
    paper. Pencil with a big eraser.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    gourmet
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    I'm just looking for a template to use. My computer literacy is lacking. I
    thought I could find one that would make it easy.

  7. #7
    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    If your computer skills aren't sharp, perhaps pencil and paper *would* be
    easiest. Sometimes technology isn't the best option.

  8. #8
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a wedding seating chart?

    gourmet, not for excel but a search on google turned up alot to look at,
    maybe something you could use

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003