Adding information

  1. #1

    Adding information

    I have created a form which the user adds data to, on a button click procedure I want the data to be check and then added to a spreadsheet.

    I dont know how I would go about placing this data in the write spreadsheet, in the ocrrect place. I would need to place the data at the end of the data already there. So i need to check where the last entry is write ??

    also i am having issues with

    Sheet("wksmain").Select

    where wksmain is the name of the sheet.

    any ideas would be greatful for any help.

  2. #2

    Re: Adding information

    Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms that does what your userform
    does.

    You may want to look at how she did it:
    http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

    And a couple of other options...
    Excel has a Data|Form that you may like

    John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at:
    http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

    (and the code is available for a minor fee ($20 USA), if you want to modify it
    to remove/modify the delete portion.)

  3. #3

    thanks

    I have used the one for creating a user form contextures thanks.

    May be more explanation lol

    I have a spreadsheet for members, I am using VBA forums and coding to allow users to input data into the spreadsheet.

    I have a basic form that is inputing data into a spreadsheet, thanks to contextures lol. Now I need to do some validation on the data.

    One main item I need to check is the memner id I need to check that the id given to them does not already exsist. I need to run a check on all member ids in the spreadshhet to make sure they dont match the one in the form before the member details are added.

    How do I go about this. VBA coding
    Last edited by bach; 09-18-2005 at 10:06 AM.

  4. #4

    Re: Adding information

    Before you add the record, check to see if it's in that range:

    if application.countif(yourrangehere, yourvaluehere) > 0 then
    'it's already in that range
    else
    'do the add!
    end if

  5. #5

    Re: Adding information

    If the range is extremely large, =countif() can be slow.

    if isnumber(application.match(yourvaluehere, yourrangehere,0)) then
    'it's already there
    else
    'do the add
    end if