Adding My Profit Margins to Supplyer's Pricelist.xls

  1. #1
    BobSpurlock
    Guest

    Adding My Profit Margins to Supplyer's Pricelist.xls

    How can I format an entire column to add a fixed percentage to the number in
    each row and display the anwer in the same row, next column?
    Please help,
    Bob

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSpurlock
    How can I format an entire column to add a fixed percentage to the number in
    each row and display the anwer in the same row, next column?
    Please help,
    Bob
    Assuming that A2:A100 contains your supplier's prices, then enter this in Cell B2 (copy down until B100):

    =A2*1.xx

    where xx represents your profit margin percentage.

    Hope this is what you are looking for.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Adding My Profit Margins to Supplyer's Pricelist.xls

    Let's say the supplier's price is in column A and you want the values in
    columnB to reflect a &% markup over supplier price. In cell B1 enter the
    formula:

    =A1*1.07 and copy down. The marked up prices will be in column B
    --
    Gary''s Student