how do i sort dates by months and not years?

  1. #1
    A Homeschool Mom
    Guest

    how do i sort dates by months and not years?

    I have two columns. One with dates and one with names:

    09/22/77 Jane Doe

    I'm trying to sort these by months so I can keep track of people's
    birthdays. Is there a way to do that?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: how do i sort dates by months and not years?

    One way, in a third adjacent column enter =MONTH{A1) assuming the date is in
    column A then sort the range by that column,
    Regards,
    Alan.
    "A Homeschool Mom" <A Homeschool [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: how do i sort dates by months and not years?

    AHM,

    My "Special Sort" Excel add-in will do that, plus it has 11 other ways to sort.
    (even by cell or font color)

    Comes with a Word.doc install/use file.
    Free upon direct request - remove XXX from my email address.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    "A Homeschool Mom"