Blank space gets inserted after text

  1. #1
    Ros M
    Guest

    Blank space gets inserted after text

    For most columns, I am specifying a wrappable text format. Sometimes, after
    entering text in a cell, I get an extra blank line embedded at the end and I
    have to go back and manually close up the space. (So, if the text actually
    takes 2 lines, the row becomes 3 lines deep.) However, the problem is not
    consistent and I can't always reproduce it. Sometimes the height of the cell
    adjusts itself to the text just fine. I thought I may be inadvertently
    hitting the spacebar at the end of the last word, causing a wraparound, but
    that doesn't seem to be it. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Mel Arquiza
    Guest

    RE: Blank space gets inserted after text

    Hi Ros,

    Have you try using alt-enter key? Instead using wrap text you can able to
    switch this off format cells text control wrap text.

  3. #3
    Ros M
    Guest

    RE: Blank space gets inserted after text

    Thanks for responding. Yes, I sometimes use Alt-Enter to force a line break
    when I want the text to go to the next line.