Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

help with sheets

  1. #1
    jkf
    Guest

    help with sheets

    hi,,first off fairly new to this so be gently

    i need a sheet for each day of the month,and at the moment i am having to
    make say 31 sheets for october and then renaming sheet 1 to 01.10.05,,sheet
    2 to 02.10.05 etc. is there an easier way or am i stuck.

    tia
    jkf

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: help with sheets

    jkf,

    I would suggest that you use a single sheet, with an extra column for the date, and learn to use
    autofilters.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: help with sheets

    I think the biggest thing you'll find out, just as with most applications,
    it's all about how the app is setup. You can adapt it to anything, but it
    can be made more difficult by a bad design early on. If you can have your
    information say each day in a different set of columns and/or rows, then do
    a different month for each sheet, it sounds like you may be better off that
    way. This would also simplify your sheet naming process, and probably your
    overall workbook size.

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

    "jkf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi,,first off fairly new to this so be gently
    >
    > i need a sheet for each day of the month,and at the moment i am having to
    > make say 31 sheets for october and then renaming sheet 1 to
    > 01.10.05,,sheet
    > 2 to 02.10.05 etc. is there an easier way or am i stuck.
    >
    > tia
    > jkf

Closed Thread