How do I get the $ off

  1. #1
    ckr
    Guest

    How do I get the $ off

    I am new and on a test at school, it had a sheet with overtime hrs. I can't
    find why it is adding the $ automatically.
    Thanks
    ckr

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How do I get the $ off

    Format > Cells... > Number > General

    should do it
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Timothy L
    Guest

    Re: How do I get the $ off

    The cells were formatted as Currency.

    Select the cell(s), row(s), or column(s), then click Format -> Cells...

    Now choose the correct format and click "OK" when done.

    --
    Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I get the $ off

    You have answers telling how to fix but not explaining how it happened
    Sometimes Excel it too helpful.
    If A1 holds $3 and B1 holds 2, then with C1=A1*B1 you get $12 because Excel
    'carries' the formatting over to the result.

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme