Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Sorting columns with expressions

  1. #1
    et
    Guest

    Sorting columns with expressions

    I have a column that says =if(a1=b1,True, False)
    and want to sort the column to pull the true values

    Yet the sort doesn't do anything, is there a special way to sort these types
    of columns?

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Sorting columns with expressions

    Hi

    You need to include Columns A, B and C in your sort, not just column C.
    Then it will sort to bring all the False s together, followed by the True's
    Equally, you could mark the data and do Data>Autofilter and use the
    dropdown on column C to select True

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Sorting columns with expressions

    Try -
    =if(a1=b1,1,0)
    and then sort.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    "et" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%23%[email protected]...
    >I have a column that says =if(a1=b1,True, False)
    > and want to sort the column to pull the true values
    >
    > Yet the sort doesn't do anything, is there a special way to sort these
    > types of columns?

Closed Thread